Today's events went something like this:
- Woke up this morning in a terrible mood feeling like doo.
- Started a load of laundry and quickly set out to burn some of my one year old energy.
- After a few hours at the pool, we returned home to find that there was about an inch and a half of water on the kitchen floor.
- After the immediate shock wore off, the panic set in.
- It's Friday and I need a repair person NOW (not sometime next week between 8am and 8pm) NOW!
- Call repair person in panic, there is something wrong! It must be the refrigerator.
- Pace. Pace. Pace.
- Discover that the water is not coming from the refrigerator, in fact it is coming from the laundry room.
- (side note: our washing machine drains into a utility sink)
- There is a towel in the utility sink, therefore blocking the drain.
- Light bulb.
- All of this water came from the washing machine/utility sink. AHHHHHHHHHHH.
- I have secretly feared this day since we moved in to this house.
- This also explains the suds and glorious smell of clean laundry.
- So about two hours goes by of sopping up the water.
- Obviously this answered the question of if i was going to mop the floor today. Yes.
- I mop.
So why all the rambling on and where is the silver lining?
I'll tell you where.....
The "pre-soak" that the kitchen floor got made for one really clean kitchen floor. I am not sure that it has ever been so clean. Even under the appliances. That is one super clean kitchen floor.