these are hands down the best cookies i have ever had/made! they are super easy and gluten free (got to love that)!
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (about 90z.), divided
3 large eggs whites, room temperature
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1. preheat oven to 350℉. spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray.
2. melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave, stirring twice, about 2 minutes. cool slightly.
3. using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a large bowl to soft peaks. gradually beat in 1 cup of sugar. continue beating until mixture resembles soft marshmallow creme.
4. in a separate bowl whisk together 1 cup of sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt.
5. on a low speed, blend the dry ingredient mixture into the meringue.
6. stir in melted chocolate and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. the dough will become very stiff.
7. place 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl. roll 1 rounded tbsp of dough into a ball, then roll in sugar, coating thickly. place on prepared sheet spacing about 2 inches apart.
8. bake about 10 minutes, cool on the cookie sheet for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
makes about 20 cookies.
this recipe was adapted from divine baking. enjoy!