1. well i guess that it's official enough to share and get excited! so this little house momma is going back to work! i recently fell in love with a salon and made it my job to get a job there. after a few meetings and getting to know some of the staff, i was invited to become a part of the davidk space team. i am so fired up about all the new educational experiences, opportunities, and having a reason to wear cute clothes and make up! haha
2. the hubs finally took that vacation that he's been needing and deserving! we decided to stay home for our vacation and really focus on some things around the house (as well as spending as much time possible at the beach). boy oh boy have we been up to some serious DIY-ing. we built a table, refinished my craft desk as well as adding a storage hutch, we've got some art projects under way, and i do believe there is a refinished shelf in my future for today. not to mention we have also rearranged a ton of the art in the house.
3. speaking of new art!!!!! the hubs surprised me with a piece that i have been dying over for quite some time! it was supposed to be a christmas present, but neither on of us can keep a secret for that long.
4. along with delivering my new art, brandon mclean (the artist) came over for an evening of digging holes at the beach, reading books to the boy, and a pulled pork feast!
5. we have had some amazing beach trips this week. the hubs has started a tradition of digging the most insane hole possible each time we go. this may sound silly but a lot of research and trial and error has gone into perfecting the hole.
6. went to a friends going away party the other night. crappy-e-oke. very sad to see bob leaving, but very excited about his future work opportunities.
7. i missed a lot of ballet last month. so to make up for missed classes i've been taking a contemporary class right after ballet. i was really worried that i was going to make a fool out of myself, but it turns out that i really love the class! i have a few more make-ups to do so over the next few weeks i am going to decide if a switch is in order. i'll keep you posted.
8. the hubs finally strong armed me into having the yard sale that i have been planning for months. the back hallway between the kitchen and the car port had turned into the holding cell for all potential yard sale items. as the mountain of crap grew the more frequently the hubs told me i was becoming a hoarder.... haha. so saturday 6:30 am came and it was time for the sale. we sat and waited and waited and waited for people to come. sold some random stuff, but none of the things that we assumed would sell did. so after a few hot and sweaty hours our hopes of success dwindled and we called it a day. we loaded up the car with all the left overs and dropped them at our local consignment shop. this is the first time i've done the consignment shop thing, i usually just head straight for goodwill...we will see how it goes, if we make any money at all. haha.
9. our old friend kelly and her adorable little boy kaleb stopped over for a short visit this weekend. it is always so good to see her and share stories of motherhood. kaleb is now 6 months old and about as cute as a button!
10. really looking forward to family date night tonight! we are going to rocco's tacos (which i have been dying to try!) with the serey's....can't wait! margarita's in my future....i think so!