1. we took our first official long bike ride of the "bike riding" season. this time of the year until about may we will find any accuse to ride or bikes as far as possible. while it was an amazing and fun ride we didn't plan to well with the weather and got poured on during the 2.5 mile ride home from the park. oh well....it was worth every rain drop.
2. dance has been going really well, and i can't believe that i have not announced this yet, but i am going to be dancing in the holiday showcase for my dance studio. when my teacher asked me if i wanted to participate i answered "yes" before really thinking about what i was doing. next thing you know i am in a 8 person contemporary number, learning the steps, feeling the music, amazing. then the terror set it.....i am going to be in a dance recital? me? dancing in front of people? yikes!
3. i have always preferred to support local businesses, but sometimes we have to think about the cost of products and the money that we spend. for instance, i would love to shop the local farmers markets for produce, but it's so flippin expensive. and while the thought of spending $300 a week in groceries sounds like fun (not) it's just not in the budget to shop local/green/organic all the time. but i think that i have found the perfect solution in the meat department. a friend of mine introduced me to charlie's gourmet meat market. charlie's is an old fashioned butcher with amazing amazing amazing products. the store offers packages of meats custom fit for your family size that last about 2-3 weeks. (at a very affordable price) the quality of the meat is better than any grocer and the fact that it's all wrapped in butcher's paper just puts a big smile on my face. so if you are in the area, and looking for a good butcher.....check out charlie's!
4. the hubs had to travel to orlando for work this week, and while i always hate when he has to spend the night there, i always really enjoy the night to myself. i don't ever turn the tv on, usually get lot's of crafting/blogging done, and eat the least balanced meal possible for dinner.
5. we finally found out what was wrong with the boys tummy. while we are still concerned about his belly it's nice to have that weight of not knowing of our shoulders.
6. so the hubs finally talked me into getting twitter. i have fought it for so long, but seeing how well the hubs has been doing with marketing his blog, i figured i should get my tweet on.
7. i got a box full of clothes from a good friend this week. all full of things she was done with that she thought i could refashion into something new and amazing. i am not going to lie....some of the stuff i love just the way it is, some needs altering, and some are going to get a whole new lease on life.
8. i am so excited that "movember" month is catching on! support those you know that are growing their 'stache for a good cause.....and i'll keep rocking my mustache shirts!
9. "satur-daddy-day" as become a huge hit!
10. the whole reason that this post is a day late is because sunday we spent the entire day doing nothing but fun family activities! we went exploring at okeeheelee nature center. stay tuned for fun pictures from our day!