1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
2 egg whites
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups finely shredded zucchini
6 oz. container low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 inch metal baking pan and line the bottom with parchment paper; grease the parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs, and egg whites for 3 minutes.
- Whisk olive oil into egg mixture. Stir in zucchini.
- Stir in flour mixture and yogurt alternately in 2 batches. Mix until well blended and then transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake until springy to the touch and cake tester comes out with moist crumbles, about 35 minutes; let cool slightly. Serve warm.
tip: i've been topping mine with greek yogurt, walnuts, and local honey.