Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hello? It's me, Erin!

Hello Friends!
Wanted to take a quick moment to say hi.  I realized that there has been so much going on here and very little about what's actually going on in our lives.  So I wanted to share a little bit of what's really going on in our worlds.

The boy is being, well for lack of better words, a boy.  Everyday it's a new challenge.  I never really realized how hard it is to be almost 4.  There is so much to learn and discover not only as a kid, but as a parent.  We are dealing with new challenges of a potty mouth, and shit I just don't know where he gets it?!?!? Ha. And the ever so lovely temper tantrums. Ugh. I swear when he's a teenager I am going to wake him up at 5:30 am throwing a fit about how "I NEED milk in a sippy cup or I am going to die".  I really should be keeping a better record of all the things I am going to do to him when he's 16.

The hubs has been beyond busy with work, so when he's home we are all taking advantage of it.  There has been lots of playing and painting in the back yard, and I am stealing as many snuggles as I can get!

Me? Well I am leaving for my NY birthday trip in the morning.  I am anxious. Excited. Cold just thinking about being cold.  I can't wait to spend a few days with my best friend.  I miss her way to much and really don't get to see her enough.  I may try to kidnap her and smuggler her back home to Florida.  Why the anxiety you may ask? Well there is something about the thought of going to NYC and not feeling "cool". Haha.  I mean I am just a beach bum punk from south Florida.  I am sure it will be wonderful, but there is something about feeling like a nobody in a city crawling with the super hip that's got me worried about my confidence level.  But when it boils down to it, I am not sure that I give two hoots.

So that's the short story about what's going on in our house.  What's new with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...