Sunday, January 27, 2013

30x30


Day 16 was dedicated to friendship.
My initial plans for an over due skype date with my best friend.
I really miss her more than I am able to cope with.

Then the age old adage:
"make new friends, but keep the old.
some are silver and the other gold."
came into play.

This has always been one of my favorites.
I was blessed as a child and teen.
I had more best friends than anyone could imagine.
I changed school many times throughout my adolescence, 
which really gave me the ability to meet so many wonderful women.
And thanks to the powers of social media 
I am able to keep in such close contact with many of them.

But back to the silver lining.
While I did not get to skype with Jess,
Our wonderful friends the Tidwell's decided to throw a last minute shindig.
It was decided that it would be a fun relaxing evening 
with children scampering and parents actually getting to talk to other adults.


Trey, with his absolutely charming Tennessee way, made us ladies some delish coffee.


And the kiddos....well they all got very sandy.
I am still finding sand in between the boys toes.


The evening wound down with a bonfire and roasted marshmallows.
The boy caught his on fire, but it was Ay O.K.! 
His new friend, Maxwell, came to the rescue.
It was great to see all the kids being so independent and awesome.
I just love all their littler personalities maturing.

It was a perfect perfect evening!
Thank you again Tids' for hosting all of us! 



2 comments:

  1. we loved it as well. exactly was we needed. Tanil wants to make it a standard ever 2-3 months.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...