Friday, January 4, 2013

Wynwood: Artifacts





Our adventures in Wynwood are always full of "oohs & aahhhs!", but stumbling on something like this literally left us speechless.  It was like climbing through a hole and landing in a history book.  The layers upon layers of paint and stickers were unreal, and told a rich story of who was here, and who was here before them.  Empty paint cans littered the dilapidated museum. Each corner turned left my heart racing.  What would I find? What would I see? Would someone else find or see me? It was a rush to say the least. I could have spent the entire day there, but a few quick minutes was all I got.  These are the artifacts of Wynwood.  These walls hold it's history in a secret and sacred place.  The heart and soul of a community disguised by a rough shell.  What an honor to see it for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...